Thursday, December 11, 2008

End of the Year Update- Exciting News!

Friends and Family,

The Fredericksburg Prayer Furnace is set to launch January 9, 2009! We are so excited to see the the vision for day and night worship and prayer in the D.C. region being to come to fruition here! Thank you all to those who have prayed for us as have undertaken this glorious endeavor! The Lord has provided us with an amazing facility, connecting us with key christian leaders in the community, at the Fredericksburg Bible Institute. They have graciously allowed us to share their space and we have usage of offices, classrooms, cafeteria, and a large dedicated space for the Prayer Furnace!


We have been working diligently to transform their old library into our Prayer Furnace, preparing to take in 18 interns and get everything in place for the official launch Jan. 9. We are running 12 hours a day right now with our staff. (including two intercession sets and between are devotional sets)

The Burn Internship is set to start Jan.4 coinciding with the launch of the Prayer Furnace. We are excited to bring in 18 new students, hungry for the Word and Spirit, laying down a season of their life to fast and pray for their generation, to give themselves to prayer and ministry of the Word that they would be rooted and grounded amidst the war for the faith in their generation. They will spend their time between class, devo and study time in the prayer room, intercession sets, ministry to the poor and lost, core discipleship groups, and international missions. Please pray for these ones as they prepare to concecrate a season of their life. Our prayer is that God would make them "burning and shining lamps" in the midst of their generation; those who know their God and carry out great exploits- voices in the wilderness preparing the way for the return of Jesus.

What is my role?

I will be giving myself as an intercessory missionary in these capacities:

  • Hours in prayer and study of the Word of God and standing in the gap for my region, nation and generation. (24 hours a week)
  • Prayer Leading and Worship Leading in sets in the Prayer Furnace

  • Teaching classes for the Burn Internship and other training programs
  • Preaching and Worship Leading at weekly meetings and conferences.
  • Overseeing the administration of the Prayer Room (assembling worship teams, prayer leaders, and artists; scheduling; ect.)
  • Defining some of our theological premises on controversial issues.
  • Leading prophetic ministry, worship, and planting teams overseas in Bosnia, Israel and other nations.
  • Serving on the senior leadership team as a main visionary of FPF.
  • Co-Directing The Burn Internship. (Which is doubling in size every new class)
  • Traveling teaching, Preaching, and leading worship in youth groups, churches, and college campuses.
  • Planting Houses of Prayer around the nation and internationally. (long-term)

My Life

I am so happy to announce that I am engaged to my best friend Kaitlin Clare Mahoney. The Lord has so knitted our hearts together in this journey and I can't imagine doing anything without her. We are still firming up wedding plans!

Support Me!

Beloved, I am raising my own support to pursue this work of the kingdom. I need your help!

-First and foremost, pray for me. We are undertaking a serious endeavor as we take a stand and contend for the power of God to break into the culture, government, and social construct of this city, this nation, nations of the earth and Israel in prayer, intercession and radical missions. I need you to pray for me! That the Lord would continue to give us strength and that a doors of provision and doors for the gospel will be opened that the word of God may run swiftly and be glorified. Pray that Lord would provide for us as we step out in faith to pursue all that He has called us to do!

-I have reduced my expenses to minimal and I am asking that secondly, you would please support me financially. I need financial support to be able to continue the work that the Lord has laid before me. Please pray about partnering with me in these endeavors.

My monthly budget includes all of my living expenses, bills, travel and food.

These are the ways you can partner with me:

Stand with me in the place of prayer.

One-time tax-deductible gift

Monthly support (tax-deductible)

please click on one for more information

Thank you for all your prayers and support.

Until He Comes,
randy









No comments: